Friday, December 18, 2009

Islamic New Year 1431 Hijriyah ~ Brand New Day

Posted by engi at 8:51:00 PM

Today is Islamic new year 1431 Hijriyah.. For me, this new year become special moment for a big change in my life. Before talking about what changes happening, let's talk about Hijriyah Calendar first^_^

Hijriyah Calendar is Islamic calendar. It called Hijriyah because the first year of this calendar is the year where Prophet Mohammed moved from Mecca to Madinah (in 622 Christian Year). Hijriyah year is based on lunar calendar period. In one year consist of 12 months, and every month consist of 29-30 days. That's why Hirjriyah calendar is 11 days shorter than Christian calendar. If christian calendar start the date on 00.00 hour, Hijriyah calendar starting date when the sun set.

Months Name in Hijriyah Calendar:

  1. Muharram
  2. Safar
  3. Rabiul awal
  4. Rabiul akhir
  5. Jumadil awal
  6. Jumadil akhir
  7. Rajab
  8. Sya'ban
  9. Ramadhan
  10. Syawal
  11. Dzulkaidah
  12. Dzulhijjah

Days Name:

  1. al-Ahad (Sunday)
  2. al-Itsnayn (Monday)
  3. ats-Tsalaatsa' (Tuesday)
  4. al-Arba'aa / ar-Raabi' (Wednesdau)
  5. al-Kamsatun (Thursday)
  6. al-Jumu'ah (Friday)
  7. as-Sabat (Saturday)

Back to my story...
I decided to resign from my previous job and come back to my home town, where my Mom needs me  after my Dad passed away. I will working on new project for my future^_^ Workhard is needed,. no problemo.. struggling is always fun for me! Yay!!

Just like Prophet Mohammed's moving event from Mecca to Madinah. I also moving from the city where I worked in to my home town. For my spiritual point of view, my Hijrah (migration) is from my past where I did something that I not really enjoy it to my future where I'd like to take care of my Mom and make my dream comes true at the same time. To be honest, althought in my previous city I feel insecure, somehow I missed my friends there...

My future is started today. Won't waste time anymore.. won't do something that against my heart anymore...  From now on everything will be different...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave A Comment... Thanks!

 

I Like It!!! Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review