Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bad Planning and Bad System Caused...

Posted by engi at 4:04:00 PM
When you're working you should not be sleepy!

That's statement is not suitable with my condition right now. I am sooooooooo sleeepppyyyyy.... right now:( Well.. well.. well.. don't blame me if I'm not in my peak condition today because yesterday I must stay in office from 08.00AM to 11.00PM. WOW!!! Now you can say this word...wow.. I work 15 hours yesterday. I can say it's part of my responsibility, but I also can say it's production department fault till I must stay until late. Wanna know the story? Okay.. let me start...

I have customer, you can call him X. X is ordering goods from our company. According to Production Department the will able to deliver on Y-date. But when the Y-date is coming the goods is still in production, while the container is already came in factory. What a great planning job! The container is coming in the afternoon but the goods are not ready yet?! Of course warehouse people not palletize the goods yet! So I, and our Export Department must wait for Warehouse palletize it, telly it, then make the packing telly to use as source to make packing list. Long process right? It is... According to the right manual, the packing telly should be ready at least one day before stuffing date. But the fact? That's only manual without any implementation!

Okay, what's my role here in this company until I must stay too?
I'm the marketer. But I must make the pallet label by my self before my warehouse staff post it in the pallet. The question is why I didn't ask somebody else(means the warehouse people)? The answer is our management don't want any body else to do it except me, they don't believe them. The second reason why I must stay until late was, I must send the Packing List to Buyer by my self because our Export Department don't have their own email account since they don't trust Export staff to access the internet in office. Weird isn't it? An export department that should liaise with many institution and shipping agent must borrow marketing email account to send and received email. The fact, that's the way it is...

It's the weaknesses of our system that make things run not effectively and make lower performance. As you can see when person must work 15 hours a day, they will get tired and less sleep. And this caused that person get sleepy the next day which means cause lower working performance and less concentrate. This case happens very often, mostly to our export department..It's not good for export staff health and performance, and also not good for company! Is it possible that management will understand about this issue and start to repairing the running system to give benefits for all sides? Wait and See...

~We are caterpillars that transforming to butterflies...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave A Comment... Thanks!

 

I Like It!!! Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review